Monday, March 8, 2010

Project rationale

I should probably say something about why we will perform this plagiarism detection project.

First of, about me. I am a 27 year old student that is about to finish my degree as a Master's of Science within Computer Science and Engineering from the Royal Institute of Technology (KTH). The plagiarism detection project is also my Master Thesis project so my incentives to finsh the project are quite high... :)

J and M are researchers at SICS and deal with Computationally Linguistical tasks like to find different styles and genres of the way we write texts or to find measurements about how alike words and sentences are. So this plagiarism detection problem belongs to their field of work and therefore they are interested in it.

There is a (yearly) conference that is organised by the Cross-Language Evaluation Forum (CLEF) that is named CLEF2010. A part of that conference is the PAN2010 labs and one of these labs is especially interesting for us. Namely the lab that deals with plagiarism detection. This is a call for participation that is put out by the research society and therefore we will participate.

No comments:

Post a Comment